Nationals of some countries will need a travel-visa to enter France (and Schengen area). Participants should contact the French Embassy or Consulate in their home country as soon as possible to confirm their travel-visa requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to procure the necessary visa to attend the congress.
Please find here a list of countries who must be in possession of visas when crossing the external borders and those whose nationals are exempt from that requirement. you require a visa: you can proceed here.
We encourage participants from countries that require a visa to apply as early as possible. Visa processing times vary by country. We suggest to initiate the application process at least three months prior to departure.
Visa invitation letter
To request a visa invitation letter please send an email to OIC at registrationGSC2021@oic.it
Only participants registered for the congress can obtain a personal invitation letter and only once the full payment of the registration fee is received.
Invitation letters will be issued free of charge.
Associated costs for hardcopy of the invitation letter sent by express courier must be paid in advance.
Please note that the visa invitation letter only aims to assist participants who need to obtain a visa or permission to attend the Congress and it is not a commitment from the organizers to cover any kind of expenses or to provide any financial support. All expenses incurred in relation to the conference remain the sole responsibility of the participant. The conference organizers cannot assist participants with their visa application process and cannot intervene with embassies or consulates on behalf of participants.
In France, the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You cannot use your electric appliances in France without a voltage converter. Do not forget your Universal Travel Adapter.
In November, the average high-temperature is 10.6°C and the average low-temperature is 5.7°C
France is a member of the European Union and uses the euro (abbreviated €) as its national currency.
Banks are open on weekdays and occasionally on Saturday morning.
|Paris is +1hour UTC/GMT.|
Fire Department: 112
Civil Police: 17
|Your can find taxis anywhere in the city such as taxi stations, in front of hotels, or train stations and airports
From CDG airport to congress venue : 53€
From Orly airport to congress venue : 37€
Distances and times to well-known sites from the Congress Center:
Eiffel Tower | 4km—approx. 15-20 min
Champs Elysées | 2km—approx. 10 min
Opera Garnier | 4.5km—approx. 20 min
Louvre | 5.5km—approx. 20 min
Montmartre | 5.5km—approx. 15-20 min
Marais District | 6.5km—approx. 20-25 min
Saint Germain des Prés | 6.5km—approx. 20-25 min
Getting to the venue:
Paris has 2 main airports
1. Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) located 30 km North East from the venue (about 40 min to one-hour drive depending on traffic)
Transportation options from Paris CDG airport
• Taxi 53€ fixed cost
• Public transportation : REB B train direction to Paris : stop at Chatelet. Then, Subway 1 train direction to La Defense : stop at Porte Maillot (take exit 3). Venue is located above. Cost: 10.30€
2. Paris Orly located 25 km South from the venue (about 35 min to one-hour drive depending on traffic)
Transportation options from Paris ORLY airport
• Taxi: 37 € fixed cost
• Public transportation : OrlyVal shuttle train to final stop : Antony. Then, REB B train direction to Paris : stop at Chatelet. Then, Subway 1 train direction to La Defense : stop at Porte Maillot (take exit 3). Venue is located above. Cost: 12.10€
Nearest stop to venue (onsite): Porte Maillot
Paris has six main stations
- Gare du Nord (Paris Nord): long distance trains from the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany & North of France.
- Gare de l'Est (Paris Est): long distance trains from Germany, Switzerland, Luxemburg & East of France.
- Gare de Lyon (Paris Lyon): long distance trains from Switzerland, Italy, Spain & South of France.
- Gare Montparnasse (Paris Montparnasse): long distance trains from Spain, west & South west of France.
- Gare Saint-Lazare (Paris Saint Lazare): trains from north West of France.
- Gare d'Austerlitz (Paris Austerlitz): trains from the Center of France.
On-site parking fee: 39.90 € daily subject to availability (3.90 € hourly)
Valet parking fee: 3.90 € hourly
Palais des Congrès de Paris
2, Place de la Porte Maillot
75017 Paris – France
GSC 2021 will take place at The Palais des Congrès de Paris, a leading venue for international congresses and tradeshows, with an excellent location. Located near the Arc de Triomphe & Champs Elysées, the Palais welcomes more than 1.2 million visitors each year and hosts 235 events. With seven exhibition halls totaling 18,000 m², two amphitheaters that can seat between 370 and 3,700 guests, 82 meeting rooms and 22 conference rooms that can accommodate up to 380 people, the Palais des Congrès de Paris has been a benchmark in the field of prestigious international congresses for more than four decades. The Palais's Grand Amphitheatre also hosts dynamic sporting events and exciting shows, including ballets, concerts and musicals. This classic venue offers a total infrastructure of 32,000m² for holding customized, multidimensional events.